Members receive discounts on many services such as:
- Workers’ compensation premiums – we offer a multi-level program
- Group Health Insurance
- Fuel – up to 4 cents off per gallon!
- Pre-employment testing and background checks
- Property & casualty insurance
- Human resource forms and applications
- Coupon Redemption
- Credit Card Processing
- Check Recovery
Legislative & Regulatory Representation – with weekly updates!
OGA is your watchdog at the Ohio Statehouse and we have an excellent relationship with both legislative and regulatory agencies. Because of this, OGA’s strong presence and active involvement has saved members thousands of dollars by fighting against tax increases, crippling regulatory issues and other damaging legislation. We keep members informed weekly (or more often if necessary) about all the issues that are important to their businesses.
Industry Communications, Updates & Alerts
Members also receive quarterly editions of the OhioGROCER Magazine, listing in our online Membership Directory and Buyer’s Guide, our legislative Action Reports, The Weekly Checkout email briefings, and Ohio Food Industry related alerts, including bad check notices and scams.
Education and Compliance
OGA keeps its members up-to-date on the latest food industry and compliance issues by providing training and materials that you can use for your business. Such materials include:
- OGA SuperPoster Set – a poster set that carries all Ohio state and Federal required postings in one convenient location
- Compliance Kits (Including a customized OSHA Kit and Selling Alcohol Safely Kit)
- Online training – you can train your employees 24/7, anywhere with OGA’s online training program. Topics include food safety, compliance, loss prevention, pharmaceutical, and leadership.
- Training Kits for Food Safety, Selling Alcohol Safely and Workplace Violence Prevention
- Yearly conferences on topics such as Loss Prevention, Compliance, and Cost Management
Through OGA’s Ohio Grocers Foundation, Scholarship opportunities are available to members’ employees and/or dependents and the Reimbursement Program provides funds for coursework, seminars or educational activities that directly impacts an employee’s job knowledge and assists with advancement within the food industry.
Opportunities to participate in task forces on topics such as Loss Prevention enable members to share problems, successes and create solutions for industry issues.
For a compilation of benefits and membership types, as well as programs offered, download our Membership Information Packet.