The Ohio Grocers Foundation (OGF) is the educational and philanthropic arm of the Ohio Grocers Association (OGA). The OGF functions for the benefit of the Ohio Grocers Associations’s members and the entire Ohio food industry.
Some programs include…
- Tuition Reimbursement Program…to date has awarded over $70,000 in tuition reimbursement dollars
- Ohio Food Scrap Recovery Network…partnering with Ohio EPA
- New Pathway to Food Safety Kit…developed with grant from USDA and ODA – Available NOW!
- Retail Food Defense Preparedness Guide…developed with a grant from the Ohio Department of Agriculture
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Guide…developed with a grant from the Ohio Department of Health
- Composting and Diversion Guide…developed with a grant from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Family Meal Night/Ohio Parents Week…an event dedicated to the importance of planning regular family meals at home that contribute greatly to the raising of healthy and happy children
- Environmental Task Force…formed in 2007 to help with the “green” issues in the retail food industry
OGF Mission Statement
The Ohio Grocers Foundation advocates for issues relating to the grocery business, which allows for promotion and enhancement of the food industry and related careers, through education, tuition reimbursement, scholarships, and training and consumer awareness.
1335 Dublin Rd, Suite 207B
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: 614/448-1631 Fax: 614/441-4292