Youngstown Area Grocers Association (YAGA) Scholarships
While the 2019 Application Process has passed, we encourage you to check back later for new scholarship forms and guidelines.
The Youngstown Area Grocers Association (YAGA) Scholarship Program was established to provide financial support to YAGA members’ employees and their dependents who are enrolled in college. The program offers multiple scholarships, including the Henry Nemenz Sr. and Danny Writtenberry scholarships. The scholarships were established to honor Henry’s and Danny’s contributions to the grocery industry. Each scholarship is a $1000 award for one year.
- Employer company is a member of Youngstown Area Grocers Association
- Employed at YAGA member company for at least one year
- Employees and dependents of employees of YAGA member company
- High School Seniors and College (Undergraduate and Graduate) Students
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale (if applicant is employed, the minimum GPA is 2.5 on 4.0 scale)
- Business or retail industry related major/field of study
- Two letters of recommendation from teacher, guidance counselor, professor, or supervisor/manager.
- High School and College transcript (if applicable)
- High School and College activities
- Community Involvement and Volunteerism
- Essay Question
YAGA Scholarship Guidelines and Application
– complete and send to the Ohio Grocers Foundation
Send all materials to: Ohio Grocers Foundation, 1335 Dublin Rd, Ste 207B, Columbus, OH 43215
Questions? Contact Trish Bradshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org