On May 8, OGA held its annual Statehouse Lobby and Advocacy day at the Ohio Statehouse. The day included a special guest lunch speaker, Ohio State Senator and fellow OGA member Michael Rulli, who discussed current legislative issues impacting our industry, and a reception for elected officials and staff at the Statehouse in the evening. It was a great opportunity to connect with legislators and staff and discuss some important issues such as hemp legalization, commerce uniformity, tobacco 21, and additional funding for the HFFO. We encourage members to check all the legislative topics we are monitoring on our website. For an issue briefing, click here.
Make Your Voice Heard:
• Ohio’s Grocery Industry employs over 160,000 people in full and part-time jobs.
• Over $5.2 Billion in wages are paid by/through Ohio’s Grocery Industry
• The Ohio Food Retail Industry has a supplier and induced impact of over $18.2 Billion annually
• Ohio Grocers paid $4.7 Billion combined in State and Federal Taxes
• Ohio Grocers efficiently and effectively operate on a razor-thin average net profit margin of 1%