As we continue to monitor the news and information from our state and local government and receive updates from the CDC, we are mindful that the health and well-being of our members is most important.
Consequently, OGA will be adhering to protocols and precautions put in place by the Governor regarding events, and will be canceling the upcoming Ohio Statehouse Day and Legislative Reception planned for March 31.
While this decision eliminates a unique opportunity for our members to meet and talk directly with legislators about this industry, OGA is still available to coordinate discussion and questions, and assist our government leaders with whatever communications and messaging to our members that they desire. Further, we are constantly available to assist with any industry issue and keep dialogue open among membership and our lawmakers.
In the meantime, we encourage everyone to continue to monitor the Association communications which we continue to update, and follow all necessary precautions and procedures as directed by health experts to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
As more news about OGA events becomes available, we will certainly keep you informed.
Mark your calendar for March 31, 2020, as the Ohio Grocers Association presents Ohio Statehouse Day. Join us in the Museum Gallery at the Statehouse from 4:30 – 6:30pm for our Legislative Reception and a chance to meet your Ohio Lawmakers.
This is a great opportunity to connect with legislators and staff and discuss important issues affecting our industry. To register, click the link/button below.
Make Your Voice Heard:
• Ohio’s Grocery Industry employs over 160,000 people in full and part-time jobs.
• Over $5.2 Billion in wages are paid by/through Ohio’s Grocery Industry
• The Ohio Food Retail Industry has a supplier and induced impact of over $18.2 Billion annually
• Ohio Grocers paid $4.7 Billion combined in State and Federal Taxes
• Ohio Grocers efficiently and effectively operate on a razor-thin average net profit margin of 1%