We are excited to once again offer this worthy leadership development program — including exciting new information for the 2018 – 2019 class that we believe will result in an even more successful year! But, we need your help: only you know the shining stars within your organizations. These are the future of our industry, and it’s imperative that they become involved.
But Don’t Take Our Word For It…
Here’s what some of the attendees have had to say:
- “Great program that provides the opportunity to meet people in the industry and better understand issues that affect the industry.”
- “If you are young in the grocery business, this is a great program to be part of…I made great connections and encourage anyone growing in the industry to be part of it – it’s worth it!”
And what sponsors had to say:
- “It is important to have our young people become involved to continue the success…”
- “Developing the next generation of leaders is vital to our stores and to the industry.”
Register candidates for the Class of 2018-2019 today – and help decide the future!
Session Topics for 2017-18 Class:
- “Breaking out and Building Up” – Opening Reception/ Team-Building Challenge (Real-Life Mystery Game
- “Education and Conversation” – Education and Networking
- “Rap with Reps” – Government Relations Overview and Issues Briefing
- “The Business of the Business” – Business Operations and Management
- “Gala Gatherings” – Gala Attendance and Follow-up Conference Call
- “And Now You Lead” – Governance and Completion Ceremony
A Limited Class Learning Invaluable Insights
NextGen in Grocery is a leadership development program designed to nurture the interests and passions of those working in the food industry through a dynamic series of work sessions, seminars, and real-life experiences. This program combines the elements of mentoring, education, management, leadership, training, policy and operations in a format that is engaging and experience-driven. The result is a year-long process that becomes the cornerstone of executive training for the next group of leaders in the grocery and food industry. Six sessions carried out during the year-long program will immerse participants in virtually every aspect of the grocery world – from legislative oversight and wrangling to event planning and fundraising. In addition, the NGG will also demonstrate the importance of maintaining involvement with the Ohio Grocers Association by exposing them to all that we do and how we (the Association) benefit the industry.
For more information, contact Veronica Mathias at 614-448-1631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the first NextGen Class for graduating the first course!
Albert Emlerer – Baker’s IGA
Andrew Fuller – Giant Eagle
Kyle Graff – Columbiana Foods
Jeremy Hamed – Giant Eagle
Stephanie Heitkamp – Wagner’s IGA
Aaron Saltzman – Dave’s Supermarkets