The 2016-17 NextGen Class:
Albert Emlerer – Baker’s IGA
Andrew Fuller – Giant Eagle
Kyle Graff – Columbiana Foods
Jeremy Hamed – Giant Eagle
Stephanie Heitkamp – Wagner’s IGA
Aaron Saltzman – Dave’s Supermarkets
NextGen in Grocery is a leadership development program designed to nurture the interests and passions of those working in the food industry through a dynamic series of work sessions, seminars, and real-life experiences.
This program combines the elements of mentoring, education, management, leadership, training, policy and operations in a format that is engaging and experience-driven. The result is a year-long process that becomes the cornerstone of executive training for the next group of leaders in the grocery and food industry.
A Year-Long Program
Six sessions carried out during the year-long program will immerse participants in virtually every aspect of the grocery world – from legislative oversight and wrangling to event planning and fundraising. In addition, the NGG will also demonstrate the importance of maintaining involvement with the Ohio Grocers Association by exposing them to all that we do and how we (the Association) benefit the industry.
- “Thinking Outside the Box” – Critical and Innovative Thinking in the Industry – August 18 – See Photos
- “Educate and Tailgate” – Education and Networking
- “Rap with Reps” – Government Realtions Overview and Issues Briefing
- “The Business of the Business” – Store Operations and Management
- “Crepes & Conversation” – Gala Attendance and Events Roundtable
- “And Now You Lead” – Governance and Application
A Limited Class
Applications are due by July 8, 2016. Up to 8 participants will be selected from the applications received. The NextGen in Grocery Leadership selection committee will review all applications and select participants by July 15, 2016, after which they will notify the selected individuals and their companies. Any applicants who are not selected may re-apply for the 2017-2018 NGG Program.