OGA is the guiding force uniting grocers, suppliers, brokers and wholesalers across the Buckeye State since 1899. The strength of the association lies in the diversity of its members. From national supermarket chains, neighborhood independents and convenience store to suppliers and wholesalers, OGA represents all segments of the food distribution industry.
- Print and/or electronic copy of our membership database
- Invitations to functions and venues for customer interaction, including golf invitationals, our annual Trade Relations Gala and other networking events.
- A listing in our online Buyer’s Guide, with links, if applicable.
- Premium advertising opportunities in the OhioGROCER magazine and OGA website.
- Opportunities to partner with and participate in retail member outreach programs and taskforces.
Legislative & Regulatory Representation:
OGA is your watchdog at the Ohio Statehouse and we have an excellent relationship with both legislative and regulatory agencies. Because of this, OGA’s strong presence and active involvement has saved members thousands of dollars by fighting against tax increases, crippling regulatory issues and other damaging legislation.
Industry Communications, Updates & Alerts:
Members also receive quarterly editions of the OhioGROCER Magazine, the annual Membership Directory and Buyer’s Guide, our legislative Action Reports, The Weekly Checkout email briefings, and Ohio Food Industry related alerts.
Through the Ohio Grocers Foundation, we provide Scholarship opportunities to members’ employees and/or dependents and our Reimbursement Program provides financial support to individuals who wish to enhance skills, increase job knowledge and further their career at their company.
Education and Compliance Seminars & Materials:
OGA keeps its members up-to-date on the latest educational and compliance issues by providing training and materials that you can use for your business. Available materials include:
- OGA SuperPoster Set – a poster set that carries all Ohio state and Federal required postings in one convenient location Kits on topics such as Workplace Violence & OSHA
- Educational Conferences on various topics ranging from loss prevention to compliance
- General Human Resource Forms & Applications
Members receive discounts on many services such as workers’ compensation premiums, natural gas, group health insurance, pre-employment testing and background checks, property & casualty insurance, plus more!
For a compilation of benefits and membership types, as well as programs offered, download our Membership Information Packet.