The Ohio Grocers Foundation (OGF) Scholarship Program provides financial support to Ohio Grocers Association (OGA) members’ employees and their dependents. The Scholarships are funded by donations and fundraising events.
Ohio Grocers Foundation Scholarship – $1000
- Employer company is a member of OGA
- Employed at OGA member company for at least one year
- Employees and dependents of employees of OGA member company
- High School Seniors and College (Undergraduate and Graduate) Students
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale
- Business or retail industry related major/field of study
- One letter of recommendation from teacher, guidance counselor, professor, or supervisor/manager.
- High School and College transcript (if applicable)
OGF Scholarship Guidelines and Application – complete and send to the Ohio Grocers Foundation
Complete the OGF Scholarship Application online (pages 1 & 2 may be completed online, but you will still need to send the Letter of Recommendation and Transcript to the Ohio Grocers Foundation)
Send all materials to: Ohio Grocers Foundation, 1335 Dublin Rd, Ste 207B, Columbus, OH 43215
Questions? Contact Kristin Mullins at email@example.com.
The Ohio Grocers Foundation offers company-funded Piggyback Scholarships. They are designed so OGA members can offer scholarships to their employees and/or employees’ dependent children. Applicants applying for their company’s Piggyback Scholarship are automatically eligible for other OGF Scholarships.
The scholarship allows the company to:
- Name the Scholarship
- Determine the award amount
- Determine the number of awards
- Determine the selection criteria
Benefits of offering a scholarship:
- Enhances your image and promotes good public relations within your company
- Demonstrates active interest in your employees education
- Promotes employee morale
- Recognition for company and recipients
Cost to your company:
- Overall administration fee of $500
- Fee includes marketing materials, as well as the review of applications, notifying applicants, issuing checks and distributing a press release.
- Fee covers funding for up to four scholarships per year from the same company
- To participate, companies make a charitable contribution to OGF, a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 entity. To ensure consistency and tax-exempt status, the scholarship awards are paid directly to the college, not the student. Your company will be billed for the total amount of the Piggyback Scholarship, plus administrative fees.
- OGF will develop the marketing materials (posters, brochures, applications, electronic tools) as part the administrative fees. The company will be responsible for mailing or sharing the guidelines and application with their associates.
- OGF will distribute a scholarship press release to local newspapers, after the winners are announced. The press release will include a list of scholars, the names of the awards, and the source of the funds.
These scholarships are funded by annual donations to the OGF scholarship fund and are offered to OGA members to be awarded to their employees and employees’ dependent children. Sponsoring a scholarship is an excellent way for associate and wholesale members to thank their retail customers. The minimum amount of the scholarship is $500. These scholarships would be ideal for wholesale and associate members of OGA.
These scholarships honor those in the grocery industry, i.e. Hall of Fame recipients and are funded by donors who would commit a minimum of $3,000, to fund annual $1,000 scholarships in the honored person’s name. Levels available:
Bronze Legacy Scholarship: $3,000 (funded at $1,000 for three years)
Silver Legacy Scholarship: $5,000 (funded at $1,000 for five years)
Gold Legacy Scholarship: $10,000 (funded at $1,000 for ten years)
Applicants who apply for the Ohio Grocers Foundation Scholarship and the Piggyback Scholarship will be eligible for the Donor and Legacy Scholarships.
There are no administrative fees with the Sponsored and Legacy Scholarships.