The Ohio Grocers Association and the Youngstown Area Grocers have established complementary Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Programs to provide financial support to those members’ employees and their dependents enrolled in college or continuing education programs. Various scholarship and financial aid opportunities are available to those who qualify.
- Scholarships are typically awarded in $1000 amounts.
- Scholarships are awarded at one year increments and are renewable upon re-application.
- Scholarships are awarded through the Ohio Grocers Foundation and the Youngstown Area Grocers Trust.
A STREAMLINED APPLICATION PROCESS!
The Scholarship and Tuition Assistance process has been streamlined to involve only ONE application (and requested support materials). Be sure to thoroughly review the criteria for eligibility and requirements for application. Scholarships will be awarded through a committee selection process to those applicants best-qualified to receive them.
- Employer company is a member of the Ohio Grocers Association (OGA) or former member of the Youngstown Area Grocers Association (YAGA).
- Employed at OGA (or YAGA) member company for at least one year.
- Applicant must be an employee or dependent of an employee of an OGA (or YAGA) member company.
- Applicant must be a High School Senior or College (Graduate or Undergraduate) student.
- Applicant or parent of the applicant must be employed by the OGA (or YAGA) member at the time of the announcement of the scholarship winner.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Business or industry-related major or field of study.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, professor or supervisor/manager.
- High School and/or College transcript (if applicable).
- High School and/or College activities/extra-curricular activities (if applicable).
- Community involvement and volunteerism (if applicable).
For more information regarding Scholarship or financial assistance opportunities, download the Scholarship Guidelines. An application form is included.
Owners, Managers and Supervisors
Various items are available for you to promote scholarships and financial aid to your employees and their families:
Congratulations to the 2019 Scholarship Recipients!
The Ohio Grocers Association (through the Ohio Grocers Foundation) continues to offer Company-Funded Scholarships in the form of Piggyback Scholarships, Donor/Sponsored Scholarships and Legacy Scholarships.
If your organization is interested in establishing any of these types of Scholarships, contact us or click here for more information.
Tuition reimbursement is also offered as additional financial assistance for those pursuing continuing education, certification or specialized training related to the food or grocery industry.