The 2020 Brown Bag Celebration!
Saturday, August 8th • 4:30pm – 10:00pm • Irongate Equestrian Center
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused a major upheaval across the world and we continue to monitor both health and industry-related news. According to protocols in place by Governor DeWine, we have elected to postpone the Brown Bag Celebration beyond the designated quarantine period to ensure the utmost precautions have been taken, and to allow members more time to get back to a sense of normalcy (which may be much needed by the time of our event!). As a result, the Brown Bag Celebration is rescheduled to Saturday, August 8th.
Please note that any tickets purchased and sponsorships provided will not be changing, and that all registrations and packages will be honored for participants, family and guests. We are currently working with the hotels to secure new hotel dates for those who have made reservations, and will address each on a case-by-case basis.
Her are more details about this year’s event:
Attendees will enjoy expanded networking, food action stations, the return of our traditional silent auction, additions to the very popular bottle pull and new entertainment in the form of video horse racing!
- MORE FOOD! The 2020 Brown Bag Celebration will feature an expanded array of Food Action Stations with new vendors and new food options. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy everything from incredible hors d’oeuvres by Gia Russa to small plate table
servings and delicious desserts.
- MORE OPPORTUNITY! The larger venue creates even more room and opportunity to network. Bring your entire team and utilize several new areas to meet and greet, including a loge, indoor and outdoor balcony areas and meeting suites. The leaner Annual Meeting format and Awards presentations create more time for guests to enjoy the evening!
- MORE BOTTLES! This year’s Brown Bag Bottle Pull will feature some additions to the wine and bourbon as well as a new selection – Tequila! Now your choice of bottles to pull includes wine, champagne, whiskey, bourbon and tequila. Of course, there will be traditional drinks available with open bars spread throughout the venue and open all evening.
- MORE FUN! Something old is new again, as this year marks the return of our traditional Silent Auction! Compete against friends as you bid on an array of amazing items, hoping to be the winner by the end of the evening. No online apps, no pre-registration! This is the traditional pen-and-paper, outbid the guy above you kind of auction – so bring your bidding A-game!
- HORSE RACING! The competition doesn’t end there! Brand new to the Brown Bag Celebration is a Night at the Races! Place your bets as you
enjoy an evening of video horse racing. Sponsor a horse, a race, or simply pick your favorite pony to win, place or show.
The Winner’s Circle is waiting!
…and of course, the Awards! Congratulations the 2020 Pinnacle Award Winners:
- Small Operator Winner – Eikenberry’s IGA
- Large Operator Winner – Buehler’s Fresh Foods
- Associate Award Winner – SpartanNash
Shuttle Service and Hotels
We have a courtesy arrangement with three hotels in the Hartford area to provide lodging for OGA guests at a special group rate. In addition, there will be shuttle runs provided throughout the evening. Shuttle Buses will run every 30 minutes to and from the Irongate Equestrian Center from the hotels listed below. Reservation details are also listed.
Courtesy holds for hotel rooms – NOW AVAILABLE!
Courtyard – 5211 Forest Dr., New Albany, OH 43054 $134.00 BOOK NOW!
Hampton Inn – 5220 Forest Dr., New Albany, OH 43054 $149.00
Home2 Suites – 5095 Forest Dr., New Albany, OH 43054 $149.00
Information and Sponsoring
Here are some images from the 2019 Brown Bag Celebration: