The 2020 Brown Box In-Home Celebration!
Saturday, August 8th • In-Home Celebration
Someone once said, “The only thing constant is change.” Never has that been more true than during pandemic times!
Once again, Coronavirus Response protocols have created a major change within the OGA Events calendar. Because of the notable increase in COVID-19 cases in several counties throughout Ohio, and many travel restrictions still in place by several member companies, OGA has made the difficult decision to CANCEL the “in-person” version of the 2020 Brown Bag Celebration originally scheduled for August 8th. While canceling the event was a difficult decision, taking into account the health and safety of our membership actually made it easy. Your well-being is of utmost concern and our first priority.
BUT, we will not be without some sort of Celebration of the Industry this year – even if we have to celebrate from the confines of our homes! Change we did…and this year, the 2020 Brown Bag Celebration is now the “Brown Box In-Home Celebration!”
Instead of the many risks involved with a “live” event, we literally re-created the Brown Bag Celebration step-by-step, shrunk it down, and put it in a box that will be delivered directly to members!
The new Celebration comes complete with instructions on how you can enjoy the evening – so invite a guest if you’d like, but be sure to practice social distancing.
It has name tags! It has sponsors! It has vendors! It has presentations! It even has entertainment! And, of course, it has masks and sanitizers!
The wonderful thing about our in-home version is the fact that instead of a select few hundred guests, the Brown Box Celebration will be distributed to EVERY OGA MEMBER!
It’s a fun and fantastic opportunity for every member to join this industry celebration, and to learn more about the sponsors, vendors, and award-winners who were going to be part of the original Celebration.
Once again, thank you for sticking with us as we navigate these strange new waters. While we will not be able to see everyone personally on August 8th, we’re even more anxious to see you when things start to return to normal.
Until then, stay safe and know we’re here for you.
Please note that any tickets purchased and sponsorships provided will not be changing and that all registrations and packages will be honored for participants, families, and guests. We are currently working with the hotels to secure new hotel rates for those who have made reservations and will address each on a case-by-case basis.
Here are more details about this year’s event:
Attendees will enjoy expanded networking, food action stations, the return of our traditional silent auction, additions to the very popular bottle pull, and new entertainment in the form of video horse racing!
- MORE FOOD! The 2020 Brown Bag Celebration will feature an expanded array of Food Action Stations with new vendors and new food options. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy everything from incredible hors d’oeuvres by Gia Russa to small plate table
servings and delicious desserts.
- MORE OPPORTUNITY! The larger venue creates even more room and opportunity to network. Bring your entire team and utilize several new areas to meet and greet, including a loge, indoor and outdoor balcony areas and meeting suites. The leaner Annual Meeting format and Awards presentations create more time for guests to enjoy the evening!
- MORE BOTTLES! This year’s Brown Bag Bottle Pull will feature some additions to the wine and bourbon as well as a new selection – Tequila! Now your choice of bottles to pull includes wine, champagne, whiskey, bourbon and tequila. Of course, there will be traditional drinks available with open bars spread throughout the venue and open all evening.
- MORE FUN! Something old is new again, as this year marks the return of our traditional Silent Auction! Compete against friends as you bid on an array of amazing items, hoping to be the winner by the end of the evening. No online apps, no pre-registration! This is the traditional pen-and-paper, outbid the guy above you kind of auction – so bring your bidding A-game!
- HORSE RACING! The competition doesn’t end there! Brand new to the Brown Bag Celebration is a Night at the Races! Place your bets as you
enjoy an evening of video horse racing. Sponsor a horse, a race, or simply pick your favorite pony to win, place or show.
The Winner’s Circle is waiting!
…and of course, the Awards! Congratulations the 2020 Pinnacle Award Winners:
- Small Operator Winner – Eikenberry’s IGA
- Large Operator Winner – Buehler’s Fresh Foods
- Associate Award Winner – SpartanNash
Shuttle Service and Hotels
We have a courtesy arrangement with three hotels in the Hartford area to provide lodging for OGA guests at a special group rate. In addition, there will be shuttle runs provided throughout the evening. Shuttle Buses will run every 30 minutes to and from the Irongate Equestrian Center from the hotels listed below. Reservation details are also listed.
Courtesy holds for hotel rooms – NOW AVAILABLE!
Courtyard – 5211 Forest Dr., New Albany, OH 43054 $134.00 BOOK NOW!
Hampton Inn – 5220 Forest Dr., New Albany, OH 43054 $149.00
Home2 Suites – 5095 Forest Dr., New Albany, OH 43054 $149.00
Information and Sponsoring
Here are some images from the 2019 Brown Bag Celebration: